The DEVOPS ENGINEER will implement and create a DevOps environment for the Dublin team, deciding best approach including processes and technologies.
This is a rare chance to work from a blank canvass and guide the team to a DevOps environment.
Our stack consists of Java 8/React applications running in Tomcat 9 containers on Windows operating systems with a Microsoft SQL Server database.
Other technologies we use are
- Source control: Subversion
- Continuous integration: Teamcity
- Build and deployment scripts: Ant, PowerShell
- Collaboration: Jira, Confluence, Crucible+Fisheye
The successful candidate will join the team of 8 in Dublin and will be key in deciding our approach for DevOps, including processes and technologies. Our aim is to get to continuous delivery where every build is a candidate for release.
The successful candidate will carry out the following up-coming projects:
- Investigate and evaluate infrastructure as code strategy and tools
- Implement the decided infrastructure as code strategy
- Migrate our test environments to Microsoft Azure cloud
- Evaluate and implement dependency-management
In addition to the above major initiatives, the successful candidate will also:
- Maintain our build scripts and tools
- Carry-out some development work as required
We are a highly collaborative team and enjoy a great work environment. Our corporate culture stresses integrity, respect, candour and openness, excellence and teamwork. Hard work is rewarded, and we look for professional, enthusiastic and self-motivated team players who are interested in technology and how it can improve our business through efficiencies and improving the user experience.
Profile of our Ideal Candidate
- Gets satisfaction from making significant improvements
- Understands the detail of how systems work (as opposed to just being a coder)
- Focuses on how to fix problems rather than focusing on blame
- Is flexible and works well as part of a team, but can work independently with minimal guidance
- Has excellent verbal and written communication skills, and can convey complex ideas succinctly and politely
- Has excellent attention to detail
Required Skills and Experience
- Can demonstrate an aptitude for how systems work, are configured, and interact with each-other (e.g. firewalls, containers, databases)
- Can demonstrate an ability to make architectural decisions
- 3+ years of professional Java development
- Experience using SQL
If you have hands-on Java Development experience, good knowledge of DevOps environments, and would like to transition a company towards a new DevOps solution then please apply today.
Alternatively you can call Paul directly on 01 4744618 for a confidential chat.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.