RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES
- Database administration of Oracle 11g/12c databases on AIX/Linux platforms (including RAC/ ASM).
- Day to day database administration including: troubleshooting,configuration, performance tuning, RMAN backup/recovery, space management, SQL, PL/SQL & UNIX scripting, installing/patching databasesand process automation.
- Other job-related duties requiring the same general knowledge, skills and degree of responsibility as above.
QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
- A Qualification in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field.
- 2+ years of Oracle DBA experience.
- Understanding of 11g/12c Oracle Database concepts, schema design methodologies and administration best practices.
- Hands on 11g/12c Oracle database implementation/admin experience in high availability, disaster recovery configurations.
- Demonstrated SQL & PL/SQL skills.
- Knowledge of Linux/UNIX architecture, OS commands and tools (UNIX scripting skills would be an added advantage).
- Knowledge of AWR, ADDM, SQL Tuning and SQL Access Advisors, V$ performance views and end-to-end Application tracing.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.