RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES
- Database administration of Oracle 11g/12c databases on AIX/Linux platforms (including RAC/ ASM).
- Day to day database administration including: troubleshooting,configuration, performance tuning, RMAN backup/recovery, space management, SQL, PL/SQL and UNIX scripting, installing/patching databases, process automation.
- Research, evaluation, and recommendations on database educational material to peers and management.
- Supporting Application teams with their Projects, queries and issues.
- Project managing Application optimisation and space management initiatives.
- Providing schema design advice for developers and data analysts.
- Reviewing Application deployment code to ensure it is optimized for performance.
- Providing training/workshops for Application Teams on SQL and PL/SQL best practice tuning techniques.
- Continuous pro-active review/optimisation of top SQL activity for business critical Applications.
- Analysing and providing solutions for Application performance issues and ad-hoc Application tuning requests.
- Other job-related duties requiring the same general knowledge, skills and degree of responsibility as above.
QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
- A Qualification in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field.
- 4+ years of Oracle DBA experience.
- Understanding of 11g/12c Oracle Database concepts, schema design methodologies and administration best practices.
- Hands on 11g/12c Oracle database implementation/admin experience in high availability, disaster recovery configurations.
- Demonstrated SQL and PL/SQL skills.
- Knowledge of Linux/UNIX architecture, OS commands and tools (UNIX scripting skills would be an added advantage).
- Good knowledge of all the database elements that affect Application performance and efficiency.
- Knowledge of Client/Server architecture and distributed processing.
- Knowledge of AWR, ADDM, SQL Tuning and SQL Access Advisors, V$ performance views and end-to-end Application tracing.
- Working knowledge of the IT industry/vendor market to effectively address the development of database software systems and enhancements to existing systems for business and other database/Application users.
- Willingness to work part of the week during US business hours to support US Application teams.
- Willingness to provide on-call support during off-business hours including weekends on a rotating basis.
- Weekend and late night work may be required on occasion.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.