Sigmar Recruitment have a fantastic opportunity for a Junior Health Safety and Environmental Coordinator to work with our innovative client in Cork. This is a permanent role offering a competitive salary and excellent opportunity for career progression.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the coordination of all aspects of HSE on site. As well as HSE duties, you will endeavour to support the operations function of the business.
Core Duties & Responsibilities:
- Take responsibility for the daily management of HSE systems and standards, ensuring to report any issues to management
- Generate, review and update HSE documents
- Source and replenish stocks of PPE equipment
- Update, monitor and maintain the internal database ensuring all data is compliant
- Act as a liaison to regulatory bodies (EPA, HSA, etc.)
- Compile regulatory correspondence and reports
- Closely monitor safety risks throughout the site (chemicals, ergonomics, mechanical & electrical risks, hazardous environments, etc.)
- Conduct regular HSE inspections to ensure site compliance
- Maintain and ensure compliance of the Environment Management and Safety Management systems (ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001 and ISO 9001)
- Produce regular and accurate reports for management
- Investigate all incidents thoroughly including root cause analysis and ensure all necessary corrective actions are taken
- Assist with internal audits ensuring they are carried out regularly and all findings are reported to management
- Third level qualification in Health and Safety/ Science/ Engineering related discipline
- At least 1 year of hands on experience in a similar role
- Ability to work on your own initiative
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Outstanding organisational skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritise accordingly
- Strong IT skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
If this sounds like the role for you, call Rebecca on 021-4847137 or email your CV direct to firstname.lastname@example.org, TODAY!
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.