IT Support Specialist (Batch Scripting Experience)
Mortgage provider in South Dublin have a vacancy for a Network Administrator/2nd line IT Support Specialist. In this role you will be responsible for the maintenance of IT infrastructure. You will be comfortable working on own initiative and have an aptitude for solving both technical and business-related problems.
- Maintenance and support of IT infrastructure including firewalls, web servers, and systems in remote locations.
- Create, maintain and run maintenance scripts to ensure optimal performance of all systems. Manage backups daily.
- Manage software licensing and asset management.
- Work with other sectors of the business to ensure compliance with corporate policies and procedures and ensure adequate controls are in place.
- Technical support for desktops, laptops and PDA used within the company. Manage users on an Exchange 2007 based email system as well as the supporting archiving system (Global Relay).
- Run the technical aspect for various business projects. This includes liaising with suppliers, providing automation solutions as well as assisting the business in delivering reports.
- Act as first line support for the phone system (Avaya) and third-party applications.
- Collaboration with development team to ensure that new applications are readily deployed.
Requirements and Competencies
- Strong IT infrastructure skills (networking, servers, desktops, laptops).
- Experience of scripting (batch files, VBscript).
- Sound understanding of the Microsoft technologies.
- Solid documentation and record keeping ability.
- Analytical and logical thinker with good problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work closely with business users and have corresponding knowledge and understanding of their roles.
- Self-driven with ability to take ownership of tasks and to follow through to completion.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team in a busy environment.
If this is something you are interested in you can apply direct of call me for a confidential chat on 01 961 9714 or email me at email@example.com.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.