Looking for an experienced Process Manufacturing Engineer for a leading automotive company based in Galway. The role will be responsible for leading the specification, selection, vendor machine build, installation and qualification of new manufacturing equipment.
- Lead the introduction, upgrade, and industrialisation, of key Process Steps. Examples being PCB Underfill, PCB Depanel, Robotic Screw Assembly, Cobots, Assembly machines, Pressure Test Systems and general automated manufacturing solutions.
- Support DFM Reviews with Design & Test Engineers to ensure Product Designs are compatible with the manufacturing Process Steps.
- Presentation of Process at Customer meetings both onsite & off-site.
- Process FMEA
- Process Design Simulations – Cardboard Mock-Ups.
- Lean Process Design Reviews.
- Co-ordinate equipment vendor, including Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT)
- Installation Qualifications
- Process Qualification.
- Conduct Full Day Production Runs (FDPR)
- Complete Risk Assessments – detailed analysis of H & S issues in advance of the introduction of New Equipment/Processes and post commissioning.
- Degree in Manufacturing or related discipline.
- Minimum 3-5 years Experience within medium to high volume Manufacturing Environment.
- Experience with high tech, automated equipment required.
- Experience with co-ordinating machine vendor build & installation required.
- Practical experience with having process ownership for equipment required.
- Working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing Design, APQP, PPAP MSA, PFMEAs, DFM Rules & 5S beneficial, but not essential
- Experience in Project Managing the delivery of volume manufacturing solutions beneficial.
If you are interested in this Process Manufacturing Engineer role, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 091 455 300 for more information.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.