Great opportunity for a Manufacturing Engineer for a leading electronics company in Leitrim. The Manufacturing Engineer role will be in the area of continuous process improvement, product and process problem solving in a highly automated environment.
- Provide technical expertise and leadership in the area of process and equipment development i.e. equipment / process control and monitoring
- Provide design support and programming for PLC’s, motion control, vision applications, robotic systems and PC controlled equipment
- Provide technical expertise to manufacturing process and technology development activities
- Monitor and evaluate safety practices and ensure compliance with legislation where relevant. (CE compliance of equipment)
- Ensure completion of appropriate and relevant documentation within area(s) of responsibility
- Co-ordinate the introduction and implementation of new technologies and equipment to the manufacturing operation
Minimum five years’ experience with Equipment Automation, Software, or related experience with B.Eng in Mechanical, Manufacturing or related engineering discipline
Minimum of four years’ experience with Software or related experience
Specific Experience in Allen Bradley/Siemens/Omron/ PLC programming and integration
Experience with servo controllers (Bosch / FESTO / AB / IAI), vision system integration, motion applications & HMI products
Some experience with Robotics (DENSO / ABB / EPSON) is advantageous
Desired knowledge in the following: Object oriented programming, C#, VB.Net, VB 6, PLC, C++, Lab View programming
Experience in a regulated environment (ISO / TS)
SQL Server, SQL Server Reporting Services, java and database design desirable
Effective leader ability with drive and enthusiasm
Proven communication, project management and analytical skills are important
3D modelling experience (Solidworks, Autocad Inventor)
If you are interested in this role, please send your resume to email@example.com or call 091 455 300 for more information.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.