Sigmar Recruitment have a great role available for a Senior Data Engineer within a Global Tech company based in Dublin City Centre.
About the Role:
This role will design and develop data pipelines, enabling the movement of data into the company's global Enterprise Analytics Platform.
• Work with the Data Engineering Manager to define and deliver data solutions that enable and enhance the businesses# analytical capabilities.
• Design, develop, test, tune and deploy advanced data integration pipeline solutions, and supporting the transition to Data Operations.
• Interface with key business stakeholders to gather data integration requirements and develop solutions accordingly.
• Contribute to the logical/physical design of our data lake and the development of all data assets, and downstream warehouses/marts.
• Maintain up to date Technical and Operational documentation.
• Manage task list and communicate updates to stakeholders and team members following an Agile Scrum methodology.
• Detail-oriented; solution-focussed; problem solver.
• Customer-focused; strong collaborator; influential relationship builder.
• Excellent communications skills (both oral and written).
• 2+ years hands-on experience developing data pipelines within a Hadoop-based Enterprise Data Hub solution (preferably Cloudera with Informatica Big Data).
• Good knowledge of Hadoop ecosystem (HDFS, Hive, Impala, Spark etc.), and associated tools and cloud-based technologies (AWS-based).
• Experience in Python for automation and data processing.
• Highly proficient at profiling, parsing, transforming, cleansing and integrating data from various sources (structured and unstructured).
• Previous experience in design, development and deployment of ETL packages for data warehouses or relational/analytical/multi-dimensional data marts.
• Some RDBMS experience particularly Oracle 11g+ and SQL Server 2016+ including complex stored procedures, functions, query optimization, indexing strategy etc.
• Strong awareness of Data Security, Data Governance and Service Operations processes, with an ability to deliver on these key non-functional requirements.
• Experience developing data solutions using native IaaS and PaaS solutions on AWS (EMR, Redshift, RDS, S3) a distinct advantage.
• Programming experience Spark, R etc. a distinct advantage.
• Knowledge of Agile Scrum and Continuous Delivery practices is desirable
• Full project lifecycle experience, from initial concept through to deployment and support.
• Third level IT qualification or equivalent experience
• Post-graduate qualifications (in related discipline) would be advantageous.
To apply for this role or for more information, contact Claire on email@example.com or alternatively call +35314744637
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.