Our Client in Co. Galway has an immediate opening for a Computer Programmer to create and maintain internal software programs for our business.
The ideal candidate has a strong background in software development and programming. He or she will have an enhanced facility with the Windows & Linux operating system and associated hardware.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Code and test programming for in-house software programs
- Debug code for existing programs based on immediate need
- Balance workday between multiple projects and respond immediately to tech support requests from staff
- Implement systems in in-house production environment
- Troubleshoot system bugs and issues
- Maintain and Update Backups for Windows and Linux Systems
Qualifications and Skills required:
- Honour’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Programming or related field
- 3+ years’ software development experience
- Extensive experience with Java, Spring, PHP, SQL server database and Bash scripting
- Advanced knowledge of Linux and Windows operating systems
- HTML and CSS experience preferred
- Ability to focus on multiple projects at once and to troubleshoot problems quickly
- Commitment to continuing education in computer programming
To apply for this position please contact Catriona Coogan at Sigmar Recruitment T: +353 91 455306 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence. Sigmar will never forward your CV to a third party without prior consent
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.