Director of QA
Creative SaaS company in the City Centre are looking for a Manager/ Director of Quality Assurance (QA) who will be responsible for assuring quality products and processes by establishing and enforcing quality standards, testing materials and product across all the company’s products.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To establish quality and reliability standards by studying product and user requirements.
- Responsible for product inspection standards by studying development methods; devising testing methods and procedures.
- Establishes standards for finished product by devising evaluation tests, methods, automation, and procedures.
- Develops overall test automation standards and requirements for all products.
- Develop a product quality documentation system by writing and updating QA procedures.
- Enforcing quality assurance policies and procedures and government requirements.
- Prepares product and process quality reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing the QA budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing key duties with a focus on collaborating with peers, subordinates and management.
- Recruitment of skilled staff
- Provide training, coaching, and mentoring staff
- Encourages effective and constructive feedback procedure to consistently improve and reach higher levels of efficiency and performance.
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or similar field, or equivalent industry experience.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in QA
- Minimum 5 years of experience in QA management role.
- Experience testing modern web application implementations.
- Experience testing REST APIs and web services.
- Experience leading test automation initiatives testing web applications, REST APIs, and web services.
- Experience working and leading in an Agile development environment.
- Strong understanding of QA principles, methods, and processes.
- Excellent documentation and writing skills.
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle.
- Familiarity with testing mobile applications.
- Ability to work with Continuous Integration tools.
- Ability to collaboratively work in an Agile team environment.
- Strong ability to strategize, plan and implement change.
- Strong hands-on management capabilities, leadership, coaching, and people management skills.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.