Looking for an experienced Manufacturing/Projects Engineer for a rapidly expanding Medical Device company based in Galway.
- Lead complex projects from initial concept to final validation
- Planning, budgeting and leading of continuous improvement and /or new product/process based projects
- Continually assess and review day to day manufacturing issues / practises, and strive for improvement by analysing, developing and implementing solutions that are in compliance with Merit Medical, FDA and regulatory requirements
- Ensure that all products/processes are developed in compliance with regulatory requirements / best practise
- Capable of working independently and leading project teams or working as part of an overall project team on specific assignment objectives, complex features and possible solutions
- Capable of planning, organizing and providing direction to other team members including engineers, technicians and production personnel, as required.
- Provide input and direction to management on various technical issues.
- Generates ECO's (Engineering Change Orders), protocols, reports and prototypes under broad direction.
- Using AutoCAD, Solid Works or similar design package, create technical specifications as required.
- Performs other related duties and tasks as required.
- Bachelors Degree or Masters in an Engineering discipline e.g. Mechatronics, Mechanical, Biomedical or equivalent, with at least 3 years previous related experience in a Medical device or similar industry.
- Experience dealing with, and managing Cross functional teams including Marketing, Production, Clinical and Regulatory personnel, to develop and implement solutions over a wide and varied scope.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills and the ability to work effectively as a team member.
- Demonstrated analytical problem solving abilities.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office including MS Project, Excel, Word etc. or similar.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Medical Device quality & regulatory systems and medical device directives.
- Demonstrated experience of applying Lean tools / Six Sigma techniques to improve business processes & performance with good working knowledge of applying 5S and TPM programs. Green Belt or Black Belt certification an advantage.
If you are interested in this role, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 091 455 300 for more information.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.