Our client in Northern Ireland (East) seeking enthusiastic and creative Embedded Software Engineers to design, develop and test software for innovative products within the automotive market.
- Your main responsibilities will include working with other design teams in the company and with external customers to define software requirements, creating software design and supporting software acceptance testing. You will implement software in C and create test harnesses to provide automated testing.
- You must possess a degree in Software Engineering or Electrical / Electronic Engineering related discipline (minimum 2:1) & 2 years industrial experience in an embedded software design role.
- Ideally, the role requires excellent Embedded C language skills, knowledge of microcontrollers and their peripherals, low level device drivers and of communications protocols such as CAN, Flexray, SPI, I2C, as well as excellent team working and communication skills – however training can be given to the right candidate.
- You will ideally have followed a software development process, like Agile or v-model, be skilled in the use of source control tools such as SubVersion/GIT and be familiar with the full product development lifecycle.
- Desirable but not essential would be some experience GUI development using C++, Qt and Ruby using an RTOS, an appreciation of basic hardware principles, low-power development, signal processing algorithms and network programming on embedded targets
- The successful candidates will receive job-specific training, coaching and formal training, as required. Occasionally, some foreign travel may be required
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. This company is committed to the provision of training, development and promotion opportunities. A comprehensive Induction programme is also available to all our new employees.
To apply for this position please contact Catriona Coogan at Sigmar Recruitment T: +353 91 455306 E: email@example.com
All applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence. Sigmar will never forward your CV to a third party without prior consent
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.