A technology-based, world-class company with an established team in Dublin requires a senior Software Engineer to create applications and services for worldwide use.
As a Senior Engineer with a Scala or Java background, you will focus on developing applications & services for worldwide consumption using Scala and Java technologies, Swagger-based REST services, Relational DB's, NoSQL DB's and the AWS services/capability stack.
You will create new solutions from the ground up, with no legacy systems to manage.
- Design, develop & deliver applications to meet business needs in a RAD environment
- Own solutions from conception to production deployment and use
- Communicate progress to business & technical stakeholders throughout solution lifecycles
- Write well documented and tested code to agreed architectural standards
- Contribute to load, soak and QA testing to deliver quality solutions (and keep them that way)
- Contribute ideas for new features and identify areas for improvement proactively
- Join larger development teams to drive or support initiatives as required
- BS in Computer Science or comparable area
- 7+ years software development experience
- Fluency in Java or Scala
- Experience building RESTful APIs
- Production experience with database technologies
- Production experience with Jenkins-based (or similar) deployments
- Knowledge of the AWS service stack (e.g. Lambda, Kinesis, DynamoDB, Api Gateway, AWS EC2, RDS, etc)
- Ability to learn new technologies & paradigms as required
In return the company offers a great team environment, excellent work / life balance, and real opportunity to continually pushing your technical limits with great career options as part of a multi-location teachnical team.
Apply today for further information and a confidential chat, or call Paul on 01 4744618.
Plesae note you must be immediately eligible to work in Ireland (irish/EU citizen or relevant valid visa) for your application to be considered
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.