The Laboratory Shift Manager is a key member of the wider management team and plays a very important role in the development and implementation of Quality Assurance and Food Safety strategies for the site.
This is a shift role with alternating weeks of days and nights – the frequency per week is 3 Nights on, and for days, is 4 Days on. There is a 25% Shift Allowance with this role.
- Maintain Safety Systems
- Lead and Motivate a multi-skilled Laboratory team and ensure the efficient delivery of all Laboratory activities to schedule.
- Ensure that all Ingredients, Finished Products and Intermediate Products are tested and released.
- Ensure compliance to ISO 17025 Laboratory Management Systems.
- Implementation and management of Laboratory GLP (Good Laboratory Practices) requirements.
- Management of the Laboratory Training requirements.
- Embed Operational Excellence and a Continuous Improvement culture.
- Ensure processes and equipment Validation are carried out in accordance with company and regulatory requirements.
- Management of the Internal/ external Audit program.
- A Degree in either Food Science, Chemistry, Biochemistry or a related Life Science discipline
- Minimum 5 years Laboratory or QA industrial experience
- Familiarity with ISO/IEC 17025: 2017 requirements
- Supervisory experience an advantage
- Qualification in Continuous Improvement is desirable
- Proven ability to work with SAP enterprise system
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Analytical decision making and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple conflicting demands and to prioritise accordingly
- Flexible and able to travel at short notice
To apply for this position please contact Amanda Reynolds at Sigmar Recruitment T: +353 91 455304 E: email@example.com
All applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence. Sigmar will never forward your CV to a third party without prior consent
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.