Sigmar Recruitment have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Senior Backend Engineer to work with a leading global company. This position offers the candidate the freedom and flexibility to work remotely and the chance to work with cutting-edge open source technologies and tools.
Main Job Responsibilities:
- Design and implementation of a large scale web crawling and extraction service
- Solution architecture for large scale crawling and data extraction: design, hardware and development effort estimations, writing proposal drafts, explaining and motivating the solution for customers
- Implementation and troubleshooting of Apache Kafka applications: workers, HW estimation, performance tuning, debugging
- Interaction with data science engineers and customers
- Write code carefully for critical and production environments along with good communication and learning skills
- Experience building at least one large scale data processing system or high load service
- Understanding what CPU/memory effort the particular code requires
- Good knowledge of Python and Scala
- Experience with any distributed messaging system (Rabbitmq, Kafka, ZeroMQ, etc)
- Docker containers basics
- Linux knowledge
If you are interested in this position, call Noel on 021-4847134 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.