Master Data Specialist
Reporting to the Master Data Manager, the Master Data Specialist performs a variety of functions in accordance with Company’s Master Data Governance policies and procedures. Primary responsibility is to coordinate the collection, maintenance, accuracy, stewardship, semantic consistency and accountability of the enterprise’s official shared Master Data assets including customers, suppliers, products and Pricing in the core business systems. The Masterdata Specialist works with analysts, internal departments and commercial business units to resolve data issues and carries out Mass data system updates as necessary in line with defined data standards.
The role will be a very challenging one - the knowledge of the business gained will be substantial placing this person in a very flexible position within the organisation.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assume ownership and responsibility for accuracy of all customer, vendor, pricing and product data in core systems
- Manage a smooth workflow of data from various sources and gathering this information in the correct format in line with defined SOPs.
- Adherence to defined Company Data Standards and work instructions
- Build relationships with Central functions and Support other business users through the timely resolution of Master Data Queries.
- Work with internal departments and local users on any Master Data related projects to ensure progressive development and accuracy of data.
- Seek out opportunities for streamlining service delivery more efficiently
- Participate in Projects to support Global Business Services
- Engage with Implementation partner and third party vendors as required.
- Initiate regular data audits to identify any discrepancies and inconsistencies
- Review and update the defined Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) to ensure their accuracy in reflecting the day-to-day business.
Key Performance Indicators
- All incoming requests are processed accurately and timely
- All timelines and deadlines adhered to
- Work with cross functional teams and drive projects across functions is essential.
- Data is accurately maintained on Core systems
- Project work is completed accurately and on time
- 2-3 years experience within a similar role and have an ERP system experience. Experience with SAP is a distinct advantage
- Excellent data manipulation skills including excellent Excel skills. Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications. Additional technical skills in SQL querying, Access and/or Data Analytical tools welcome.
- Fluency in business English, both verbal and written
- Excellent analytical/ Problem solving skills
- Experience and knowledge in data quality improvement
- Ability to work on own initiative, motivated, self-starter and Team player.
- Desire to acquire further knowledge and to understand the business.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Excellent Communication Skills with ability to communicate standards to and train other staff members and internal customers.
- A second European language is an advantage
To apply for this position please contact Catriona Coogan at Sigmar Recruitment T: +353 91 455306 E: email@example.com
All applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence. Sigmar will never forward your CV to a third party without prior consent
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.