As the Deep Learning Team Manager your role will include:
- People Management
- Task Planning
- Directing areas of research and interacting with customers
- You will be responsible for the development of state of the art DL algorithms providing unprecedented scene understanding, enabling driver assistance functions and automated driving
- You will be expected to remain abreast of technological developments in the rapidly expanding field of deep learning and its application in automotive.
- Technical management of the team including people management, task tracking and reporting of activities
- Lead the research and development of machine learning / deep learning projects and the delivery
- Provide leadership and technical direction to the team
- Liaise with project managers to agree resource requirements for projects
- Research and develop state of the art algorithms for automotive vision systems using classical machine learning and deep learning for autonomous driving applications.
- Support Intellectual Property activities and generate Invention Disclosure Memos to facilitate patent applications.
- Contribute to design reviews across algorithm teams.
- Consider next generation machine learning and deep learning techniques with new business opportunities in mind.
- Develop algorithms with a view to implementing on embedded platforms
- Represent VVS at various Industry Working Groups and at Conferences where directed
- Support the design and implementation of in-company training sessions in your area of expertise
- Develop and maintain relationship with university counterparts
- Develop relationships with the relevant teams at OEM customers
- Support customer workshops to assess system performance and propose next steps
- Participate in system design in areas relating to computer vision and machine learning functions
- Management experience in machine learning
- 5+ years Computer Vision/Machine Learning experience
- Deep Learning experience considered a strong advantage
- Excellent English language communication skills, both written and verbal desirable
- Specialisation in one or more of these areas preferred: Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Computer Vision, Image Processing, Signal Processing, Robotics, Optics
- Experience with OpenCV programming
- Knowledge of a range of Deep Learning Frameworks and Networks
- Academic publications in relevant field
- Experience with embedded devices (e.g. ARM, GPU, FPGA and DSP)
- Experience with parallel programming in CUDA, or OpenCL
- Feature development experience in robotics, ultrasonics, RADAR, LIDAR, camera systems, sensor fusion or computer vision
- Automotive industry experience
To apply for this position please contact Catriona Coogan at Sigmar Recruitment T: +353 91 455306 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence. Sigmar will never forward your CV to a third party without prior consent
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.