We are seeking enthusiastic and creative ASIC Software Engineers to provide expert guidance to SEL Research & Development personnel, management and commercial people, in the skill area of ASIC Software.
Main duties will include:
- Responsibility for creating specifications from customer and hardware requirements documentation
- Develop the required detail around the software specification working alongside systems, hardware and production engineers as well as customers
- Develop the customer specific application software
- Develop test harnesses to simulate software
- Apply expert knowledge to resolve complex technical situations effectively and quickly
- Assist with and take ownership of software process development
- Provide support to other teams such as production, product support and quality
- The candidate will be responsible for developing customer specific application software for that embedded microprocessor.
- The candidate should be aware or have experience in all stages of the software lifecycle/processes and have good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of digital and analogue electronic circuitry is desirable.
- The candidate will also need to develop test harnesses to simulate software well so design/test experience using VHDL is also desirable
- Although part of the Sensor Design Group, work will extend to cover all ASIC software activities as the need arises in any other team or department
- You will be responsible for creating specifications from customer and hardware requirements documentation working alongside systems, hardware and production engineers as well as customers
- You must possess a degree in Software Engineering (minimum 2:1) & 2 years industrial experience in a software design role
- Ideally, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate experience in developing software (embedded, system or application) and/or VHDL design/verification
Please note that all successful candidates must undergo a medical examination which includes a drugs test.
To apply for this position please contact Catriona Coogan at Sigmar Recruitment T: +353 91 455306 E: email@example.com
All applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence. Sigmar will never forward your CV to a third party without prior consent
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.