Senior Frontend Angular Developer
Great Opportunity for a Senior Frontend Angular Developer to join a large insurance company. You will support the design, development and support of its internal IT business systems, mobile apps and portals.
- You will be looking after the design, development, enhancement, triage, and debugging of Angular 5 applications.
- Ensure that key technical requirements are identified, estimated, designed, documented, implemented and integration tested.
- Build high quality designs & solutions using your front-end development expertise.
- Ensure that consistent design patterns, methodologies and design documentation are maintained across development projects.
- Perform (and support) technical & design reviews of your own and other IT projects.
- Unit test code prior to release to ensure quality solutions are delivered.
- Work closely with the Business Analysts, Testing and Support teams to ensure all technical requirements for new projects are captured, designed and developed according to those requirements.
- Ensure urgent customer issues are resolved through triaging, troubleshooting and quickly applying solutions to any identified problems.
- Work on collaborative cross technology and cross division projects where Java applications interact with a range of business logic interfaces & systems.
- Hold a third level degree or appropriate qualification.
- 6+ years of experience developing front end and mobile applications
- Hands on experience developing in Angular 2 or above.
- Experience developing hybrid mobile application using Cordova or Ionic frameworks.
- Solid experience of delivering projects using XML and Web Service (REST) design.
Skills and Competencies
- Strong Time Management, Communication, Commitment & Co-operation, Ownership & Accountability.
- Time management and Ability to prioritise workload
- Results driven and solution oriented
- Ability to work effectively on own and within a team environment -including with distributed teams.
- Experience developing front end and mobile applications.
- Interest in new technologies.
- Knowledge of native iOS coding in Objective C or SWIFT is a plus.
- Experience of developing J2E applications which integrate to a relational database backend (Oracle).
- Strong experience developing applications using Spring.
- Good understanding of Unix based operating systems (Linux), including writing of shell scripts.
- Good knowledge of JBoss and/or Websphere, version control systems like SVN & GIT, build automation tools like Maven & Gradle, and bug management tools such as JIRA.
- Experience working in financial/insurance sector.
- Experience working in an Agile environment, or Test-Driven Development (TDD)
If you are interested in this role you can apply directly, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on 01 961 9714 for a chat.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.