My Client a Cork based company require a Project Planner
This person will lead the development of strategic planning activities on site.
Duties will include (but not limited to) :
- Implement cost reduction initiatives & new product development.
- Support Concept Studies / Basis of Design & ongoing projects from the Cork office.
- Ensure continuous supply of required goods and materials.
- Strong understanding of EV methodologies – particularly for detail design projects.
- Experienced with vendors, customers & MRP system administration.
- Quality improvements, risk assessments and contract negotiations.
- Lead cross functional teams to deliver "best in class" sourcing strategies.
- Drives implementation of supplier and/or commodity strategies.
- Develops strong relationships with key suppliers.
- Participates in new products launches & leads supplier selection.
- Responsible for ensuring cost standards are established for annual budgets.
- Act as a mentor to more junior staff.
- A Degree in Purchasing (APICS/IIPM) or related field.
- Strategic Planning exposure from any industry considered.
- 3 Years or more experience ideally within the manufacturing industry.
- Global purchaing experience with a focus on strategic purchasing.
- Knowledge of application of supplier contact strategy an advantage.
- ERP experience advantageous.
- Strong analytical skills, ability to plan, organize & implement concurrent tasks.
An excellent salary is on offer here.
For more information please mail firstname.lastname@example.org without delay !
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.