- Determines global regulatory pathways for various projects for EU, US and International product launches / product enhancements
- Identifies guidance documents, international standards, consensus standards and assists teams with their interpretation
- Prepares regulatory submissions to regulatory authorities and/or distributors (including the FDA, Notified Bodies, Health Canada and other regulatory authorities.
- Prepares IDEs, assists with clinical trials and provides information regarding clinical requirements for international submissions, when require while reviewing clinical trials and providing advice for submissions.
- Reviews significant product and clinical study submissions with management and negotiate submission issues with agency personnel
- Interacts with various levels of management, external agencies and companies. Also advising engineers and technical experts on regulatory issues.
- Analyses and makes recommendations regarding complaints received by the company and whether they are MDR, MPR or Vigilance reportable in markets; participates in complaint related meetings
- Provides support for commercialized products as necessary by reviewing labelling, promotional materials, and product and documentation changes per policy and procedure
- Assists with departmental policy implementation
- Maintains and enhances cross-functional team relationships
- Provides technical guidance and regulatory training / mentoring to other Regulatory Affairs employees and cross-functional teams
- Develops, maintains and analyses department systems and provides training when needed
- Maintains expertise in worldwide regulatory requirements; establishes and maintains positive relationships with regulators
- Participates in and assists with FDA facility inspections, Notified Body Audits and other governmental inspections as directed
- Performs other related duties and tasks, as required
Summary of Minimum Qualifications:
- Education and experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree in the biological, physical, engineering or material science disciplines and 7 years of related experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of global regulatory requirements with emphasis on U.S. FDA regulations, EU Regulations and various Quality System Standards/Regulations/Laws, including but not limited to ISO 13485, etc.
- Must have experience working with regulatory agencies and submission reviewers
- Self-motivated, self-directing, strong attention to detail and excellent time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate well – verbally and in writing – with others
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated excellence in submission writing and preparation
- Demonstrated computer skills preferably spread sheets, word processing, database, internet research and other applicable software programs
To apply for this position please contact James Porter at Sigmar Recruitment T: +353 91 455305 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence. Sigmar will never forward your CV to a third party without prior consent
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.