Software Development Team Lead – Java
Great opportunity for a Java Developer Team lead to join a city centre company delivering Data Utility to the Financial Markets. You will get the chance to work on interesting and challenging projects in a customer centric innovative environment.
What’s the role?
The Engineering Group is responsible for product development, maintenance and evolution of the products and services. This is a strategic role requiring strong technical and communications skills. My client are looking for people who have a proven track record of large system design and architecture, have an inquisitive mind and an ability to drive the technology roadmap.
Role and Responsibilities
As a Lead Engineer, you will
- Drive the system architecture and design
- Focus on reliability, scalability, maintainability, security of their Application
- Create an inspiring team environment with an open communication culture
- Providing Mentoring and training of current and new team members
- Contribute towards process improvement, create and implement new methods, policies and processes
- Expert software design skills, understand the pitfalls of design decisions
- Expert in a Microservices, REST, distributed application environment
- Expert in Java, Python, Groovy, DSL, Functional Programming
- Expert with Oracle, Elastic Search, or other NoSQL storage mechanisms
- Expert in messaging and streaming technologies such as RMQ or Kafka
- UNIX power user skills
- Knowledge of XML and XML tools e.g. XQuery, XPath is a plus
- Bachelor's Degree or Masters in Computer Science or Software Engineering or related technical discipline
- Demonstrate excellent Leadership skills through personal responsibility, accountability and teamwork
- Experience in full-time Engineering lead role
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.