Our client in Galway city have a current need for a Senior Cost Accountant for a 8/9 month contract.
The Senior Cost Accountant will direct activities within the cost organization, including month-end closing processes, product costing, product manufacturing analysis and inventory valuation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Responsible for cost accounting monthly close process for Ireland and all activities to ensure accounts are accurate, including coordination with shared services to ensure inter-company accounts are accurate
- Provide financial support to Manufacturing Operations, including operational metrics, financial analysis, and root cause analysis
- Perform month-end close activities related to cost accounting
- Prepare various financial analyses related to manufacturing costs, inventory and expense information, including but not limited to gross margin and variance analyses
- Work closely with Corporate Cost Accounting and Manufacturing Operations to ensure accurate and timely update of standard costs for components and manufactured products including standard labor and overhead rates
- Lead and manage the annual physical inventory count processes, including liaison with external auditors. Ensure compliance with cycle count processes
- Assist in the quarterly and annual financial audits, including preparing and compiling inventory and cost data for support of schedules and questions
- Support compliance relating to internal financial controls and procedures for cost accounting and manufacturing operations, including assisting in the development and/or updating of procedures to enhance efficiency and internal controls
- Prepare monthly inventory account reconciliations
- Assist Corporate Cost Accounting and Manufacturing Operations in the preparation of E&O reserve requirements for Ireland
- Ensure validity and accuracy of ERP and related add-ons and participate in software improvement and implementation projects
- Work with Corporate Cost Accounting and Manufacturing Operations to develop, enhance and review internal reporting, including analytics, ratios and other analysis
- Assist with product costing on new and existing products
- Maintain and update the capital register and budget
- Assist with grant claims
- Assist in special projects and provide on-going support to the corporate finance departments
- Perform responsibilities required by the Quality System and other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Manufacturing cost accounting/finance experience preferred
- Undergraduate 4-year degree required; CMA and/or Master’s degree in business is preferred
- Must possess hands-on functional expertise including working knowledge of Enterprise-level accounting solutions (SAP Business 1 preferred)
- Strong computer skills with MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint
- Strong analytical, organizational and time management skills with the ability to multitask effectively without compromising the quality of work
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact effectively and communicate with all levels of the company
- Efficient, high productivity contributor, professional attitude, detail oriented and team player
- Requires occasional weekend and/or evening work, month end close etc.
- Experience working in a medical devices manufacturing / high-tech environment preferred
- Must be detail-oriented, dependable, organized, and service focused
- Must be self-motivated and proactive, with a strong sense of accountability
- Must be able to work independently to successfully support local operations as well as Corporate Finance in U.S. as the primary Cost Accounting resource in Ireland
Responsible for performing all duties in compliance with FDA’s Quality System Regulation (QSR), ISO13485, the Canadian Medical Device Regulations, and all other international regulatory requirements with which our client complies.
To apply for this position please contact Ciara Darcy at Sigmar Recruitment T: +353 91 455308 E: email@example.com
All applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence. Sigmar will never forward your CV to a third party without prior consent
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.