IT Security Engineer
My client has a vacancy for a Security Engineer in their Dublin office which is based in the City Centre. This is an excellent job opportunity which will give an experienced Security professional the chance to review, design and analyse the network security infrastructure of the company.
- Plan, analyse and design of security systems including network monitoring, intrusion detection and prevention, identity management, access control, mobile device management and data protection.
- Upgrades to security systems as necessitated by technology availability and maturity, security gaps, emerging threats, business risk and needs and cost-effectiveness.
- Serve as primary security contact for projects during their planning, analysis and design phases. Provide I.T. security technology and process guidance for the business.
- Administration, deployment and monitoring of Palo Alto firewalls across all sites including rulebase maintenance, configuration of VPNs between various sites and to external 3rd parties.
- Administration, deployment and monitoring of endpoint security including Palo Alto Traps, Symantec Antivirus, desktop encryption and data-loss prevention.
- Manage certificates and certificate infrastructure, using Microsoft CA Server and external providers.
- Administer and further develop DDOS protection measures, using PaloAlto and Cloudflare.
- Execute periodical internal phishing, cyber exercises and educate staff to improve security.
- SIEM alert response and liaison with 3rd party SIEM monitoring provider.
- Translate security policies in technical requirements and implement.
- Clearly document the company’s I.T. security infrastructure.
- Produce clear and concise procedures for I.T. security systems.
- Provide support for network and security technologies, review and proof-of-concept for new products and tools.
- Provide advice and guidance company-wide on information security best practice.
- Monitor and report on user compliance with information security policies, standards, procedures and processes.
- Stay up-to-date on security technology, threats and vulnerabilities.
For more information on this position, please contact Conor McHugh on 01 4744622 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org