My client, ideally located in the city centre, is looking for an experienced Automation Engineer to join their team. Ideal candidate will have expertise in software development and QA, with a passion for delivering quality products to market.
You will help to build and maintain test automation frameworks to quickly and comprehensively test APIs and other backend services. Estimated split of this role will be 75% Automation, 25% Manual testing.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create systems that ensure products being delivered are polished, to spec, performant, and exceeds expectation
- Design, develop and maintain testing frameworks
- Help transform manual based testing approaches to one that embraces Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
- Be a key member of a small cross functional agile team involved in all aspects of the development process
- Key focus on injecting quality to all phases of the software development process
The ideal Candidate:
- BS/MA in Computer Science or 2+ years professional experience
- Background in Testing principles, methods, and processes and how it can be applied to an agile development environment
- Hands on experience using Java or Scala, or other languages
- Experience with any of the following: o Cucumber, Spring, Junit, Gatlin, JMeter, Testrail, Tomcat, Postgres, Git, Jenkins, Gradle, Maven.
- Experience testing JVM based applications
- Proficient with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
- Proficient with Unix system essentials
- Experience with REST APIs and web services
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to collaboratively work in an agile team environment and a self-starter
Knowledge of configuration management systems and other aspects of environment control and provisioning
If you are interested in this role or would like to chat about this role please call me on 01 961 9714.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.