IT Risk Inspector
An excellent opportunity has arisen with one of my clients to join their IT Governance team. This position is an opportunity to shape the behaviour and performance of both major and minor financial institutions around the country and driving regulatory standards, nationally.
- As part of the mission team contribute to delivering on-site inspections using the SSM On-Site Inspection Manual and producing draft inspection reports that facilitate the development of appropriate risk mitigation plans and actions
- Contribute to the ongoing surveillance of issues, themes and potential risks arising in institutions pertaining to the area of IT Risk
- Adopt an analytical approach when assessing an institution’s IT risk management, and evaluate compared to relevant legislative requirements, relevant guidelines, industry best practice, and peers and to draft appropriate recommendations from the outcome of inspections;
- Help to deliver on-site missions through undertaking testing, walkthroughs, recalculation, interviews and other inspection techniques to ensure delivery of quality supervisory outcomes; and
- Carry out such other ad-hoc inspection or risk specialist activities as may be determined by the Head of Mission, Senior Inspector or Management.
- Be responsible for own work and outcomes and communicate these effectively within the team.
- The role typically requires 5 years’ relevant experience in IT risk auditing and/or relevant IT risk / IT security skills. A high level of relevant academic achievement e.g. an honours degree in Information Systems or Computer Science and/or a professional auditor qualification with accreditation from a relevant professional organisation;
- A good understanding of the structure and functioning of the Irish financial sector and knowledge of the Irish and international banking industries and their regulation is preferable.
- Subject matter expertise in IT risk management, IT Security, IT Outsourcing or IT Operations;
- Ability to analyse financial institutions’ IT risk registers and network diagrams;
- Ability to critically assess complex/one-off issues and recommend solutions;
- Knowledge of the best practice framework for the management if IT risk (e.g. COBIT, ISO, ITIL, NIST, etc.)
- Capability to challenge regulated institutions’ management on subjective issues where required;
For a private and confidential chat, please contact Conor McHugh at email@example.com or on 01 4744622.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.