IP Network Solutions Engineer
I currently have a vacancy which is offering a talented CCNP level network engineer to join an exciting and diverse team of Network Engineers. This job is based in West Dublin and would see you working on IP Routing and Customer solutions within a global organisation.
- Work closely with NOC and 1st line support structure to effectively monitor customer environments from a network perspective. Assume the role of Cisco Networking Subject Matter Expert (SME) for specific customer deployments.
- Engage with customers, partners, third parties in relation to the daily management of Network Node Interconnects (eBGP, VRF, IGP, OSPF).
- Troubleshooting of Network Node Interconnects (eBGP, VRF, IGP, OSPF).
- Planning, scheduling and appropriate updating of Cisco network infrastructure, following change control model.
- Integration with security solutions, customer SIEM environments, NMS and NOC.
- Security – Collaborate with Security resources, focusing on hardening, auditing, resilience etc. Demonstrate awareness of security best practice for Network Infrastructure always.
- Engage with solution architects to design resilient end to end, enterprise level Telecoms solutions for customers, from an IP Network perspective.
- Contribute to customer Disaster Recovery projects and DR testing exercises.
- 3rd level degree and/or Professional Certifications (CCNP/CCIE)
- 5 + years’ Cisco networking experience working in Telecommunications sector working with an MNO, specifically on complex routing, internetworking, QOS, eBGP peering, OSPF, VRF LITE, IGP.
- Cisco L2/L3 switching knowledge, VLAN planning and configuration etc.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the components of 3G, 4G solutions in general, as well as OSS/BSS, associated protocols and relevant interfaces.
- Knowledge of firewalls, VPN, SIEM, intrusion detection systems etc.
- Knowledge of Enterprise Level Firewalls, with any related certification an advantage.
- Working knowledge Linux an advantage.
- Understanding of Cloud Infrastructure – AWS, Azure an advantage
- Capability to communicate and articulate clearly and effectively both verbally and visually is imperative.
- Capability to deliver detailed technical documentation, for a globally distributed audience, including infrastructure diagrams.
For more information and a confidential discussion on this job opportunity please contact, Conor McHugh on 01 4744622 or at firstname.lastname@example.org