The CCPC is seeking to recruit a Head of Advocacy to work in the Advocacy Division. This is an opportunity for a high calibre professional with policy experience, good leadership and management skills to work in a dynamic and varied environment.
As Head of Advocacy you will manage the delivery of the Divisions annual work plan to ensure the CCPC is considered a strong and respected “voice for competition and consumers” and also supporting other organisational wide activity. You will be responsible for managing a small multi-disciplinary team who work across all sectors of the economy in relation to competition and consumer protection matters.
Closing date: 5pm Thursday 28th June. PLEASE NOTE - CV's will NOT be accepted please visit https://www.ccpccareers.com for instruction on how to apply.
- Engaging in an annual strategic and operational work planning process within the team and wider organisation
- Delivering the Divisions priorities in a manner that includes effective delegation, strong project management and ongoing review
- Supporting and reviewing the effectiveness of the team with a focus on delegation, training and continuous improvement
- Ensuring the Division is always alert to and responsive to changing circumstances within the CCPC and external environment
- Overseeing the delivery of a range of stakeholder engagement activities that support the work of the Division
- Supporting the ongoing management of Divisional corporate activities including work plan reporting, metrics, risk management, GDPR, PMDS etc.
- Leading and supporting cross divisional initiatives as required by the CCPC.
Essential Entry Requirements
- Third level qualification in economics, law, social science or other relevant discipline
- At least five years’ experience of public policy appraisal
- Knowledge of the Irish public sector, EU institutions and the legislative process
- Proven ability in developing and delivering strategic and operationally focused work programmes
- Proven application of strong research, analytical and critical evaluation skills, often to meet tight deadlines
- Track record of being a self-starter with a strong results orientation
- People management experience to include leading and supporting a team in delivering multiple projects/tasks to meet fixed deadlines
- Demonstrable communication and influencing skills including the ability to develop and maintain productive relationships with colleagues and other stakeholders
Desirable Entry Requirements
- Knowledge of consumer and/or competition related legislative environment, issues and challenges
- Ability to plan and oversee projects that require primary and secondary research/analysis in order to deliver new policy positions
Your application must be submitted ONLY through the online application portal - https://www.ccpccareers.com/ - by 5pm on the 28th of June 2018.