Junior mechanical estimator required for position at Dublin office. Candidate must have a relevant third level qualification or trade background. Experience in the industry is desirable but not essential and graduate estimators are encouraged to apply. This is an office based role with some onsite work. The successful estimator will assist senior estimator in producing high quality tender returns. The ideal candidate will be expected to work collaboratively with the other members of the estimating team to ensure a high level of quality is achieved on all tender returns. The candidate will hold a relevant qualification and ideally will have experience in pricing mechanical and/or electrical projects. Full training where required will be given. Candidate should be familiar with MS Office suite (word, excel, project).
Roles & Responsibilities
- Building Services 3rd level qualification or similar
- 2+ years’ experience post qualification desirable
- Experience in a mechanical contracting environment desirable
- Assist in preparation of tender bids
- Breakdown client enquiries and project specifications
- Measure/Assess quantities and prepare schedules if required
- Prepare detailed Mechanical estimates and Bill of Quantities from 2D drawings
- Supporting senior estimator with variations and final accounts
- Support mechanical and electrical site project managers
- Occasionally attending meetings and site visits.
- Salary will be in line with qualifications and experience.