Automation Team Leader Job- youwill provide ownership over all automation systems on site. Through you and your team you will support automation and automation solutions to manufacturing and support operations.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Manage, lead and motivate a multi-skilled Automation Team in an empowered team-based environment, ensuring full engagement of team members.
- Work in close collaboration with the Automation & IT Manager develop and maintain the site automation strategy including its key site metrics and action plans.
- Develop and maintain site automation systems and procedures to maximise production, minimise cost and meet quality for the site.
- Develop process automation software modules that fit the site process / batch manufacturing and minimise validation.
- Ensure automation plant support service is structured and operated to ensure smooth plant operations.
- Closely manage the interface with Manufacturing / Technical Operations including automation effect on plant / process performance, change control handoffs and project planning.
- Provide automation support to project management and computer systems validation.
- Develop and maintain a “road map” for system development ensuring integration with plant / process innovations. Develop and maintain SOPs for operation, maintenance, security, back-ups and disaster recovery to cover all systems listed in site inventory.
- Ensure that the team is up to date with relevant automation technologies, and that advantageous technological initiatives which are capable of either system performance improvements and / or process / plant innovation are included in the capital planning process (innovation planning).
- Co-ordinate the activities of software and automation engineers, providing prioritisation on projects/tasks and production support.
- Work with team to develop optimum solutions to process automation issues.
- Manage automation vendors and contractors including system support contracts and external access arrangements.
- Consolidate long term plans for control system maintenance and improvements.
- Manage validations and approve associated documentation and specifications.
- Lead team operational excellence activities to continuously improve our processes and eliminate waste.
- Directs project execution by assigning tasks, tracking project schedules, identifying risks, and developing and executing contingency plans.
- Communicates project status by preparing standard status reports, and by participating in departmental and customer project status update meetings.
- Resolves project/system issues by working with team members, project customers, and others as appropriate.
- Responsible for delivering support to the business and achieving system metrics.
- Consults with internal project groups by sharing project management knowledge and assisting or mentoring more junior project leaders in project management processes and techniques.
- Ensure the execution of control systems project activities as per site business needs and to meet clearly stated objectives.
- Promote a culture of achievement
- Participate in control system knowledge exchange with other sites.
- Represent your function in audits by HPRA/FDA or Customers on Control Systems.
- Msc or Post Graduate Diploma in a relevant Technical discipline with 6 years plus experience OR Bsc with 8 years plus experience of leading automation project, initiatives and teams in a high demanding environment
- 6 years plus experience in an automation engineering role, leading software development projects for PLC / DCS platforms for batch processing in a GMP pharmaceutical industry environment compliant with 21 CFR Part 11 / Annex 11 requirements.
- 6 years plus of experience of plant start-ups and/or new product introductions to pharmaceutical facilities. Must be able to lead these activities in a start-up environment.
- Direct management experience required
To apply for this position please contact Sarah Williams at Sigmar Recruitment T: +353 91 455301 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence. Sigmar will never forward your CV to a third party without prior consent