Accounts Payable Specialist/ 35k+ / City Centre
My client, a leading IT/ Communications organisation has an excellent opportunity for a Accounts Payable to develop a successful finance career. The ideal candidate will have the opportunity to work in various finance functions gaining excellent hands on experience.
- City Centre
- Contract with view to perm
- Supplier invoices – this includes matching invoices to purchase orders, verifying approvals, coding to the appropriate GL accounts and entering the invoices in to the accounting system (Sun Systems)
- Employee expense claims – this includes approving company credit card and cash expenses on our expense system (Concur) and vouching expenses to receipts, verifying approvals and entering the resulting journal in to the accounting system. Ensuring costs are coded correctly in each entity, and entering intercompany journals where necessary. Following up on outstanding expense claims and receipts and escalating any non-compliance with company policy
- Payments – payment of supplier invoices and employee cash expense claims using electronic bank software
- Maintaining Accounts Payable sub-ledger - matching payments to invoices and ensure the ledger is kept clean and up to date
- Resolution of supplier and employee queries relating to invoices and expense claims
- Reconciliation of vendors per the accounting system to statements received.
- Ensuring all duties are performed in accordance with company’s international policies and procedures, example; adequate documentation and document retention.
- Assisting staff accountants in preparation of monthly management accounts eg preparation of vendor accruals.
- Approval of purchase requisitions via our purchasing system, ensuring that coding is correct, and that the requisition is completed in full.
- May participate in special projects such as process improvements and implementation, and integrating accounting for acquired entities
- Other ad hoc duties and general administrative support as required
- Education: 3rd level qualification or equivalent.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (especially MS Excel) required.
- Knowledge and understanding of basic accounting principles.
- Experience in an Accounts Payable or finance role in a similar industry or shared services centre environment
For more information on this add or to apply for this position simply click “apply” or send your CV to Lorraine Duncan at email@example.com
A full job spec will be provided once you apply
For a confidential call to discuss this role or other jobs that may interest you please don’t hesitate to call Lorraine Duncan on 01 4744665