.NET DEVELOPER - CENTRAL BANK
Working as a Developer in the CBI gives you; the opportunity to work with the full MS technology stack on diverse projects, such as;
- Data Analytics projects;
- Pan European data collection, analysis and exchange projects;
- High volume, high availability transaction processing systems.
Providing business solutions for this multifaceted organisation in the Irish and European context, demands excellence and progressive technologies. Supporting our abilities in IT, we rely heavily on strong development and research capability of our team. Consequently, the CBI is committed to the continuous career development of all staff through its Learning and Development Programme. This offers you
A structured personal development plan;
- Technical training and industry recognised certifications;
- Funded academic and professional training.
The role holder will conduct development work, to deliver IT solutions that meet the business needs and support the Senior Developer/Lead in the delivery of project artefacts (code, documentation, etc.), in line with agreed plans while adhering to all relevant standards, as well as time and quality expectations to ensure the required business outcome is achieved. On occasion, the role holder will deputise for the Senior Developer/Lead as necessary or take on the Senior Developer/Lead role in projects of an appropriate scale and complexity.
- Conducts development activities such as coding, testing etc. under the guidance of the project's Senior Developer / Lead to ensure business priorities are met - may include deputising for the Senior Developer / Lead at various project delivery forums;
- Ensure project tasks, including the production and support of typical Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) & Project Management Process (PMP) deliverables are delivered in a quality manner and in line with commitments given in order to adhere to standards and meet the expectations of the business. Escalate any challenges that are encountered to the Senior Developer so that these can be addressed in a timely manner;
- Follow all SDLC standards and practices throughout the project - including proper use of the Simcuro time recording system, Team Foundation Server (TFS), code reviews, use of automation, proper project and solution documentation etc. and agree any exceptions to standard roles and responsibilities with the Senior Developer / Lead to ensure optimised solutions are delivered;
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement at both delivery and project level, feeding these into the appropriate processes (After Action Review etc.) and actioning improvements where possible, so that future business solutions are delivered as efficiently as possible;
- On occasion, take on the role of Senior Developer/Lead on projects of an appropriate scale and complexity in order to meet business project demand;
- Liaise with the Business and other IMTD stakeholders including Business Analysts, Enterprise Architecture and Quality Assurance in order to ensure the Business needs are being met. Liaise also with the Service and Operations teams when handing over solutions so that they can be effectively supported.
- Degree (level 8 on NFQ) in IT, MIS, Engineering or other relevant IT degrees;
- Highly effective/Advanced Software development skills using the Microsoft toolset in any of the following
- C#, VB.Net,
- MS Dynamics CRM 365,
- MS Sharepoint 2010/2013/2016
- Strong knowledge of data modelling and database technologies, with excellent SQL knowledge (preferably Microsoft SQL Server)
- 3 years+ experience in a structured software development environment with experience of industry-standard approaches to software development and delivery.
- Ideally, experience of various software approaches including waterfall and agile.
- Solid experience of developing n-tier multi-user systems
- Basic projects planning & management;
- Effective Software Delivery Lifecycle Management with a good understanding of other disciplines in the SDLC including analysis, architecture, design, quality assurance, infrastructure and service;
- Effective Relationship Management;
- Effective communications & reporting;
- Strong problem solving skills with ability to break complex problems down to their component parts; and
- Strong analytical thinking and information seeking skills;
- MS Certification in relevant MS software;
- Multi-tier / SOA development using WCF, web services, etc.
- Web development using IIS, ASP.NET and MVC
- Automated unit / functional testing
- Microsoft BI tools – SSIS, SSRS and SSAS
- Experience of gathering requirements and solution design.
For more info contact Eoin on 01 474 4613 or apply for this role online