Sigmar Recruitment are currently seeking an experienced Shift Engineering Team Lead to work with our market-leading client based in Waterford. This is a permanent opportunity, offering an attractive package as well as excellent working conditions and career progression.
The overall purpose of this role will be to maximize outputs from newly installed production lines. The successful candidates will work on a four-cycle shift pattern, leading teams of approximately 8 technicians. This role would be suited to a candidate looking to take the next step in their career.
Core Duties & Responsibilities:
- Implement a preventative maintenance program
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of all maintenance activities, making any necessary improvements
- Identify skill gaps and implement training plans for technicians
- Monitor and report and issues with equipment
- Set targets for shift group
- Take initiative to propose new ideas/ projects to improve production process whilst minimising costs
- Take an active role in the recruitment of staff for the team
- Liaise with Procurement and Logistics on matters concerning control of equipment spares
- Aim to become a subject matter expert for the manufacturing equipment in place
- Ensure any work being carried out on the line is in accordance with Health and Safety policies
Skills & Experience Required:
- Third level qualification in relevant engineering discipline (manufacturing, mechanical, etc)
- 5 years proven experience in engineering/ maintenance role within a high-volume manufacturing setting
- Minimum of 2 years supervisory experience
- Previous experience with technician supervision and high-speed automation
- Working knowledge (or previous experience) within med device or pharmaceutical setting (cGMP/ FDA regulated environment)
- Proven experience working in a unionised environment essential for this role
If this sounds like the role for you, send your CV to email@example.com or call Rebecca on 021-4847137, TODAY!