Ecologist Job based in Dublin
Sigmar recruitment on behalf of our client are seeking a full-time ecologist to join an design engineering and project management consultancy.
This consultancy is seeking an experienced terrestrial ecologist to join their environmental team at their Dublin office.
• Undertake technical evaluation / Appropriate Assessments required on major infrastructural / commercial developments;
• Provide support to Senior members of the Environmental Team
• Provide expert ecological technical assistance to the Business;
• Provide advice on compliance with national ecological legislation and policy and any corrective action undertaken complies with environmental legislation and policy;
• Engage with external stakeholders as necessary;
• Perform other such duties in relation to general Environmental Consultancy.
Ideal candidates will have an excellent understanding of all regulatory and statutory requirements pertaining to ecology / biodiversity in Ireland. They will also provide support as required on key projects, and in the preparation of proposal and tender documents.
They will also be required to provide support as required on key projects, and in the preparation of proposal and tender documents.
• Experience of undertaking appropriate assessments of projects in similar job as ecologist;
• Project management experience;
• Experience of engaging with external stakeholders;
• Experience of technical evaluation of ecological assessments;
• Detailed knowledge of relevant environmental/ecological legislation, at both European and national level, including the Habitats Directive;
- Minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience, specifically in terrestrial ecology
- Third level qualification in ecology or a related biological science
• GIS experience (preferably with MapInfo / ArcGIS / QGIS);
Please contact Graeme: Ph 01 9619706 / Email - firstname.lastname@example.org to apply or for further information if you would be interested in joining a world leading consultancy and work on diverse projects.