Our client, a major multinational based in Galway City, requires a Senior Accountant to join the team on a 10-month fixed-term contract.
You will play a lead role in preparing statutory financial statements including US GAAP to local GAAP reconciliations for acquired legal entities within the entity structure.
- Lead all compliance aspects of a legal entity (i.e. manage the annual statutory audit and financial statement preparation etc)
- Complete tax packs and tax questionnaires for income tax provision and tax return preparation for legal entities. Liaise with Tax dept and external advisors in this regard.
- Review legal documents in relation to integration steps for acquired entities and ensure correctly reflected for local statutory purposes
- Collaborate with internal departments and with external consultants to ensure accounts of acquired entities are prepared/reviewed and filed within the required timeframe
- Maintain records of accounts preparation in an organised and secure manner
- Communicate relevant issues, status, updates, proposals etc to senior management
- Prepare documentation so that purchase orders can be set up for services and deal with any supplier queries on payment status etc
- Creation/maintenance of trackers of acquired entities to monitor the accounts preparation of acquired entities
- Participate in EMEA and Global Strategic Initiatives and Projects.
- Fully Qualified Certified/Chartered/CIMA Accountant.
- Knowledge of Tax would be useful.
- Language skills would be useful though not essential.
- Strong inter-personal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Excellent logical and analytical skills.
- Must be able to work on own initiative but also as part of a team.
- Ability to communicate with colleagues throughout all levels of an organisation.
- Ability to multi task.
To apply for this position or for more information you can contact me in the strictest confidence: Ciara Mc Ginn, Recruitment Consultant – 091 455309- email@example.com