GA Analyst - Cork
• Develop and manage monthly trial balance package for small-medium-large size affiliates
o Work with local affiliate finance organization to understand activities happening in affiliate
o Prepare trial balance package and investigate trial balance account fluctuations to understand and document drivers
o Present trial balance package and fluctuation analysis to financial director/local controller for local sign off
o Resolve issues identified and agreed upon during local review.
• Manual Journal Voucher Processing
o Ability to identify and prepare a journal voucher when needed.
o Understands appropriate supporting documentation required for manual journal vouchers
o Assess if journal voucher accounting and documentation submitted for entry is appropriate.
• Prepare and Review Account Reconciliations:
o Identify appropriate reconciliation methodology based on the type of account being reconciled
o Understands appropriate reconciliation supporting documentation
o Create/maintain account models (templates used to define reconciliation methodology and process steps)
o Able to work with others to gather appropriate reconciliation supporting documentation
o Utilize reconciliation repository tool to document account reconciliations and route for approval
• Understand and follow all compliance policies, laws, regulations and the Red Book
• Ensure all SOx and operational controls are completed to the required level and within the agreed timeframe.
• Integrate compliance into daily activities and comply with any corrective actions required.
• Cooperate with investigations, monitoring and audits
• Accounting degree (Undergraduate or Masters as required for certification)
CPA, Chartered Accountant or equivalent.
• 5+ year of public accounting experience
• In-depth knowledge of US GAAP/IFRS technical accounting
o Experience in and deep understanding of judgmental accounting transactions
o Ability to apply strong accounting theory in reviewing affiliate accounting activities for compliance with US GAAP/IFRS, Lilly policies, SOx and other requirements
• Knowledgeable of SAP
• Advanced proficiency in using Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word, etc.)
• Multi-task and prioritize responsibilities
• Demonstrate strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
• Strong analytical and issues resolution skills
• Self-starter, high learning agility
• Identify process improvement opportunities and experience with lean and Six Sigma
• Ability to influence at all levels without direct authority
• Experience of working in a high production, deadline driven environment