This role is suited to a PLC /Automation Engineer who has a strong demonstrable PLC background, strong interpersonal skills and can also demonstrate excellent skills in problem solving and analysis with a keen eye for PLC coding.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate a methodical, logical and consistent approach to design and deployment processes.
The candidate should possess excellent customer facing skills, and work well under pressure, demonstrating a professional manner, with an ability to identify and focus on customer needs.
Overview of Role:
The role is office based in Carlow with travel to site as necessary. This engineer will be involved in tendering, design, and installation of projects on water and waste water sites. The major part of this role requires PLC programming with front end SCADA development. This role involves communication with the client during the functional development and requirements capture stage and liaison with all other disciplines during installation and commissioning.
- Managing automation projects personally from initial brief through design, development of FDS, programming, FAT’s, commissioning and providing all support and documentation to other departments and client.
- Control, development and modification of software on a variety of PLC systems.
- Design of automation systems and networks.
- Liaising with all other departments to ensure project delivery on time and to quality standards.
- On site support for project installation and emergency call-outs
- Use of PLC programming software for ABB, Schneider, Allen Bradley & Omron PLCs.
- Training of clients on the use of application once implemented.
- Maintain a consistency of the quality throughout all projects.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- Maintenance of projects once implemented.
- General all round Housekeeping of all PLC development projects.
- Minimum of 3 years demonstrable experience in PLC solutions with a min of 2 of the following (ABB, Schneider, Allen Bradley, Siemens, Omron, Mitsubishi or Motorola)
- Demonstrable experience in controls systems design and application
- SCADA – ICONICS, Citect, InTouch or similar
- Knowledge of all Microsoft office applications
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Database Manager.
- Networks: Ethernet/IP, Profibus, DeviceNet, ControlNet
Application process: a PLC /Automation Engineer
The first step is to contact David Moore at 014744668 or send your CV to email@example.com
The interview process will be 2 rounds and will involve discussion of your qualifications, skills and previous experience.
For further information on the PLC /Automation Engineer role please contact David Moore at 014744668 or firstname.lastname@example.org