- Efficiently plan, design and develop technical solutions to meet business requirements in conjunction with client standards and best practices.
- Research and evaluate existing and upcoming technologies.
- Actively participate in PoCs (proof of concept) and assist the department in their selection of Vendor Solutions, Technologies, Methodologies and frameworks.
- Effectively co-ordinate with other development groups and manage day to day activities.
- Perform system maintenance, production incident problem management, identification of root cause, remediation of the problems and on-call pager support schedule.
- Promote superb Quality Control processes and Quality Assurance in the entire department.
- Provide top notch technical training to the other team members.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- Must have experience in Java, J2EE, SQL, LDAP, JMS, E-Directory Administration, Application Servers, GWT etc…
- Experience in a related field.
- A good knowledge of the following Application/Web Servers: Apache, Tomcat, Websphere.
- Highly self motivated with excellent negotiation, interpersonal and collaborative skills.
- A highly motivated individual with the ability to change in an ever evolving industry..
- A hunger and ability to learn and take on challenging opportunities and to work as a member a geographically distributed project team.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written are required.
- Must be highly energetic, detail-orientated, and extremely pro-active and have the ability to perform under pressure in a challenging environment