This is a hands-on technical role, you will have the overall goal of delivering efficient, timely change while minimising the impact of Change related incidents upon IT service quality and consequently to improve the day-to-day operations. You will also be responsible for managing relationships with third parties and stakeholders and working closely with the internal development and test teams.
What you will be doing:
- Maintaining the Integrity of our clients Application & Data environment.
- Managing Change and Release Management policies and processes.
- Overseeing and deploying of new versions of hardware and software.
- Ensuring that the change process meets the specifications of the relevant Request For Change (RFC).
- Working in conjunction with Solutions Architects to understand requirements.
- Maintaining up to date documentation of software and Infrastructure environments.
- Performing impact assessment on RFCs.
- Managing the IT infrastructure configuration with a sufficient level of detail and managing this information.
- Ensuring coordination of build and test environments.
- Ensuring all changes and releases follow the organisation’s established policies and procedures.
- Authorizes acceptable changes in conjunction.
- Issues change schedules.
- Reviews all outstanding RFCs.
What you need:
- 4+ Years’ Experience of working in a similar role.
- Experience working within a Unix environment.
- Experience and strong understanding of Relational Databases.
- A solid understanding of all elements of IT Application Infrastructure.
- Strong troubleshooting skills required.
- Red Hat Linux
- Apache ActiveMQ
- Percona MySQL
- Microsoft Server 2012
- Microsoft SQL Server 2014
If you are interested in the above position, call Ed on 01-4744686 or email firstname.lastname@example.org