The Customer Operations Specialist performs customer service activities for internal & external customers. This person will be technically knowledgeable of the site’s products, services & local processes & be able to use that understanding to provide solutions to customer requirements. This position will ensure advocacy for the customer & work closely with operations, planning, engineering, quality, technical solutions, customer solutions & sales to provide solutions that fulfil our customers’ needs with speed, accuracy, and exceptional communication. This position will support the execution of the quoting, order and configuration engineering processes at the facility. This position may interact with “factory direct” customers as appropriate.
- Serve as the voice of customer during customer production meetings and interactions with facility personnel
- Instil customer advocacy during interactions with peers and facility personnel
- Represent the Company and the site to the customer and Sales as appropriate in conjunction with customer communication, visits and issue resolution
- Work with the planning team to ensure customer dates are efficiently adhered to – this will require working with planning and sales
- Revenue forecasting – Monthly and forward looking
- Ensure orders are acknowledged timely and in line with customer expectations
Partner with Customers, Sales and Customer Service organizations to meet customer requirements and grow sales.
- Develop and foster customer relationships by working directly with Factory Direct customers and partnering with Sales and/or CSR’s for Strategic and Multi-Site customers
- Communicate with customers and other company functions (Sales, Customer Service, Technical Solutions) to fully understand customer requirements
- Respond to requests with prompt, meaningful answers and input when working with customers and other company functions
- Ensure that all customer contractual obligations are implemented and maintained as required
In relation to Corporate/Multi-Site Customers:
- Provide information to Sales/CSR team as needed to grow sales and meet customer requirements
- Provide input for Quarterly Business Reviews and participate as required.
- Provide information and input to the annual and monthly forecasting process, including reconciliation to the monthly facility forecast.
In relation to Factory Direct Customers:
- Develop and manage sales goals for Factory Direct Customers
- Identify and develop sales growth opportunities for Factory Direct Customers
- Coordinate with Customer Operations at other facilities to develop cross-facility sales opportunities
- Prepare and deliver sales presentations and customer visits to support sales efforts
- Develop and administer customer contracts and supply agreements
- Responsible for timely and accurate forecasting for Factory Direct Customers
Ensure Customer Operations Processes are executed accurately and within established timeframes
- Lead monthly rolling 12-month forecast, understand and highlight variances from one month to the next
- Lead monthly meetings for partners to review and sign off on
- Maintain / manage pipeline information through CRM, and maintain forecast sets within Oracle ERP
- Lead in depth forecast of sales for annual budgeting purposes and arrange review with partners
- Order Entry/Confirmation
- Execute contract review and order entry process for Factory Direct Customers
- Support CSR group with information needs for contract review, order entry and confirmation process
- Work with Site Planning and Operations to establish and communicate standard product lead times
- Change Order and expedite requests
- Work with facility personnel (Planning, Operations and Purchasing) to meet customer requests for items such as order expedites and change requests
- Communicate and monitor plans for expedite requests and recovery plans to Sales, CSR’s, Customers and Operations as required to meet commitments
- Ensure Expedite charges are applied to orders
- Support quotation process for Repeat and Standard Products
- Support Strategic Product family group for New Product quotations
- Align and maintain local processes and procedures with the Global Customer Operations processes and procedures.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Degree or 5 years’ experience in manufacturing, preferably medical devices, with increasing responsibility in technical/customer related fields.
- Possess a deep understanding of company strategy and capabilities.
- Ability to synergize the benefits of experience and the concepts of new technology, approaches, new processes and suppliers.
- Ability to interface with customers, problem solve and drive solutions to meet customer requirements and the company’s financial targets.
- Knowledge of FDA Good Manufacturing Practices, ISO 13485, 510k, PMA and medical regulatory issues
- Rational thinker: good business judgment even under stressful customer engagements.
- Must possess excellent verbal & written communication skills, as well as presentation, organizational and management skills.
- Able to manage multi tasks in multiple geographic locations.
It is impossible to list every requirement for, or responsibility of, any position. Similarly, we cannot identify all the skills a position may require since job responsibilities and the Company’s needs may change over time. Therefore, the above job description is not comprehensive or exhaustive. The Company reserves the right to adjust, add to or eliminate any aspect of the above description. The Company also retains the right to require all employees to undertake additional or different job responsibilities when necessary to meet business needs.
To apply for this position please contact Louisa Poinboeuf at Sigmar Recruitment T: +353 91 455308 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence. Sigmar will never forward your CV to a third party without prior consent