An engineering-led company requires senior developers with expertise in Scala, or Java developers interested in functional programming to write clear, concise code in a Machine Learning environment.
You will have a genuine passion for technology, especially in OOP and functional programming languages.
Alongside your natural enthusiasm you will relish working in a collaborative team culture and creating advanced technical solutions as part of the high-performing group.
Small, autonomous teams. Decentralized decision-making. Scala. NoSQL. Team ownership of end-to-end quality. Support for open source technologies. A friction-free production environment. Distributed systems. Continuous delivery. Simplicity. Automation. Robust technology culture.
Sound good? Keep reading!
As a Senior Software Engineer your main responsibility is to write concise, clear, flexible code - but you’ll do much more than that. You’ll demonstrate and communicate technical best practices and influence others to do the same. You’ll use the Typesafe platform (Scala/Play Framework/Akka), AWS, Docker, Jenkins, MongoDB, Lucene/Solr, and other great technologies to develop high-quality software.
You’ll help identify new ways to innovate without adding processes or management overhead. And you’ll be encouraged to take risks and challenge yourself in new ways–from developing your own open-source projects to submitting proposals to prestigious tech conferences.
- Fluency in a functional, imperative or object-oriented language, especially Scala or Java
- Source code management skills (Git)
- Familiarity with SQL and relational databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle) and NoSQL databases (MongoDB, DynamoDB)
- Fluency in discussing web standards (HTTP, JSON) and RESTful APIs
- Experience using Linux/Unix, CentOS, Ubuntu, and Mac OS
- Familiarity with deployment and continuous integration technologies, and container technologies such as Docker
This is an exceptional opportunity for a senior developer in a technology-led company.
Apply today for further details, or call Paul on 01 474618