- Procure materials for various projects according to demand from the project managers. Prioritize, schedule and monitor critical material orders and negotiate with vendors globally.
- Develop roadmaps and work alongisde supplier and commodity management as part of the commodity strategy.
- Negotiate better deals with current suppliers and source new raw materials and suppliers and manage the onboarding process. The main aim is to provide strategic influence in building value-added relationships with all third party vendors.
- Conduct market research to continuously improve process, abiding by regulations and achieving continuous improvement.
- Maintain and develop MRP including the placement of purchase orders, updating of pricing and following up on completed orders.
- Develop master schedule for all orders incoming and outgoing using ERP systems depending on customer needs, supplier capacity and changes in forecasts.
- Develop strategy for inventory reduction and cost optimization, minimising or eliminating wasteful purchasing.
- Review materials, capacity and functionality wth relevant divisions to ensure the planning and control process is supported by accurate BOMs, routings, yields and objectives.
- Agree production schedules with management and drive adherence of this plan.
- Establish quality systems policy and appropriate rugulations to manage all supplier interactions and dealings.
- Third level degree and/or APICS, IIPMM or equivalent qualification
- 3 years experience in a manufacturing supply chain environment
- Strong working knowledge of oracle supply chain functionality is preferable
- Good working knowledge of Excel
- Strong negotiation, planning and purchasing skills
If interested in this role and if you have some questions please contact email@example.com or call 091455305 for a confidential conversation about this and many other roles.