Sigmar Recruitment have a fantastic new opportunity for an experienced Material Operations Manager to work with our innovative and market-leading client in Cork. This roles offers exceptional working conditions as well as excellent salary and benefits.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the management of a high performing team consisting of approximately 14 members of staff across the shipping, dispensing and warehousing departments. The ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator with a passion for people management and implementing processes and structure to support daily tasks.
Core Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support, lead and manage all team members across warehousing, shipping and dispensing
- Ensure outgoing shipments are organised efficiently in order to meet deadlines
- Develop continuous improvement strategies and identify areas of opportunity throughout the warehouse and logistics function
- Promote use of operational excellence tools and encourage high performance behaviours
- Act as coach/mentor for your team, providing training as required
- Facilitate quality investigations ensuring their timely completion
- Identify resource, systems and process requirements across the warehouse and logistics function
- Represent Material Operations group at relevant meetings
- Take a proactive approach to health and safety standards and practices
- Minimum of 3 years management experience
- APICS certification preferred (CPIM, CRIM, CSCP)
- 6+ years experience working within a warehouse setting
- Strong experience using Oracle ERP
- Previous experience with cold chain logistics desired but not essential
- Exceptional communication skills
- Proven ability to collaborate across multiple functions of a business
- Sound knowledge and experience of Lean and Six Sigma practices
- High level of proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project)
If this sounds like the role for you, call Rebecca on 021-4847137 or email your CV direct to firstname.lastname@example.org, TODAY!