Sigmar Recruitment have an outstanding opportunity for an experienced Senior Sourcing Specialist to work with one of Ireland’s most sought after employers. This is a permanent role offering a competitive salary, exceptional benefits and excellent working conditions.
The successful candidate will be responsible for creating and implementing procurement and sourcing goals and strategies across the business. You will be expected to curate, develop and manage supplier relationships. You will also drive procurement initiatives whilst ensuring optimal service and reduced costs.
Core Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create and implement procurement/sourcing plans (both ongoing and annual) with the aim of having a solid supplier base to ensure a continuous advantage over competitors
- Develop and execute contingency plans for all supplier related issues
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders
- Work closely with a variety of departments across the business to identify areas for cost reduction and value improvement
- Evaluate and continually assess base line costing models for key areas of spending
- Optimise all sourcing and procurement processes using Lean methodology
- Lead contract negotiations, contract management and vendor management
- Conduct regular strategic reviews with key suppliers
- Level 8 qualification in Supply Chain/ Procurement/ other relevant discipline
- Minimum of 6 years proven experience in procurement, sourcing and supplier relationship management
- Previous experience working within a manufacturing or production environment
- Exceptional communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to make decisions and analyse information accurately and efficiently
- Excellent knowledge of Lean methodology
If this sounds like the role for you, call Rebecca on 021-4847137 or email your CV direct to email@example.com, TODAY!