My client, a global medical device company is looking for an experienced Manufacturing Technician with injection moulding experience for their plant in Galway. This is a great opportunity to work for a company that uses leading-edge technology and provides great opportunities for learning and growth.
- Working as part of the production team to provide efficient support to allow the consistent achievement production targets
- Respond to unscheduled downtime/defective-product situations promptly
- Be able to specify/document/communicate the problem clearly
- Be able to put an effective Containment in place : return the process to making good parts. Follow up with permanent corrective action as required.
- Establish root cause. Application of Logical thinking. Be able to use equipment schematics, manuals, etc in the course of establishing root cause.
- Adhere to troubleshooting standards.
- Correct the problem
- Log all equipment downtime and generate DT reports each shift
- Document and communicate all Spare Parts consumed. Highlight any spare parts related issues.
- Work with Spare Parts Technician to optimise spare parts inventory, cost, supplier reduction, etc
- Ensure the relevant information is shared effectively across all shifts and among all required groups.
- Ensure an effective shift handover occurs at the start/end of each shift
- Complete preventative maintenance tasks to schedule and update PM records.
- Ensure spares/consumables required for PM-activity are in stock.
- Feedback to the relevant Test Engineers issues concerning the performance of Test Equipment.
- Support initiatives to improve process/equipment performance
- Certificate/Diploma in Engineering (or equivalent).
- At least four years working in a manufacturing environment, preferably with injection moulding experience.
- Working knowledge of both in-circuit and functional testing
- Strong background in PC based testing (Software, Hardware installation)
If you would like to apply for the role. please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on 091 455 300.
All applications will be treated in strict confidence.