I am working closely with a new start-up company based in Sligo in the diagnostics sector who are currently looking for a Senior R&D Engineer to join their team.
Reporting to the R&D Manager, the Engineer will be focused on new product development from conception through to launch.
What you will need:
- Bsc or Msc in engineering or industrial design.
- 6+ strong years' of experience with in-vitro diagnostics or commercial product development
- Highly trusted individual who is able to problem-solve and troubleshoot to generate ideas to improve products and processes.
- Experience in human factors or usability engineering principles or studies is a must.
- CAD and Solidworks experience
The responsibilities of the role:
- Working closely with the R&D Manager, third parties and the product development team to support the successful development of new technologies.
- Participate and lead in process design and optimisation, production scale-up and technology transfer as applicable.
- Support team leadership with educating and promoting Human Centered Design processes with the organisation.
- Collaborate with cross functional disciplines to support design for manufacture.
- Fulfil the Lead Engineer role on projects coordinating the transfer to manufacture of the final product including plastics and electronics.
If this sounds like something you would be interested in, please contact Emma Ward on 091 455 307 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.