Description and Responsibilities
- Review and consolidate year end files as part of the Group consolidation process.
- Liaise with all relevant personnel across the Group to ensure that the local financial statements are filed on time.
- Manage the interim and annual Group financial statements delivery
- Deadlines are adhered to.
- Accurate reporting of the Group financial statements.
- Liaise with the Group Auditors on any specific files / issues
- Compliance with all relevant rules and regulations.
- Participate in the year end consolidation process taking responsibility for specific files.
- Become an ‘expert’ in the Group consolidation tool – Hyperion.
- Liaise with the Group Auditors on any specific files / issues.
- Ensure that these local entity statements are per the consolidated accounts and are accurate before sign-off by Directors.
- Involvement in projects/tasks as required within the Group Financial Reporting Department including acquisition accounting, disposal accounting, intangible assets management, group reorganisations, statistical reporting, process improvement etc.
- Research & resolve accounting issues including evaluation and implementation of new accounting pronouncements to ensure IFRS and Irish / UK GAAP compliance.
- Co-ordinate the delivery of the local legal entity financial statements.
- The ideal candidate will be ACA qualified & have 1+ years post qualification experience in practice or similar role in Industry.
- High standard of MS Office combined with general proficiency in IT systems.
- Good analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Strong technical knowledge of IFRS with the ability to interpret the implications of standards for practical situations.
- Attention to detail and accuracy essential with a natural focus on quality and continuous improvement.
- Excellent accounting and auditing skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organisational skills with a proven ability to manage work load.
- International Opportunities within 12 to 18 months.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.