Description and Responsibilities
- Review & consolidate year end files as part of the Group consolidation process.
- Liaise with all relevant personnel across the Group to ensure that the local financial statements are filed on time.
- Manage the interim and annual Group financial statements delivery
- Deadlines are adhered to.
- Accurate reporting of the Group financial statements.
- Liaise with the Group Auditors on any specific files / issues
- Compliance with all relevant rules and regulations.
- Participate in the year end consolidation process taking responsibility for specific files.
- Become an ‘expert’ in the Group consolidation tool – Hyperion.
- Liaise with the Group Auditors on any specific files / issues.
- Ensure that these local entity statements are per the consolidated accounts and are accurate before sign-off by Directors.
- Involvement in projects/tasks as required within the Group Financial Reporting Department including acquisition accounting, disposal accounting, intangible assets management, group reorganisations, statistical reporting, process improvement etc.
- Research and resolve accounting issues including evaluation and implementation of new accounting pronouncements to ensure IFRS and Irish / UK GAAP compliance.
- Co-ordinate the delivery of the local legal entity financial statements.
- The ideal candidate will be ACA qualified and have 1+ years post qualification experience in practice or similar role in Industry.
- High standard of MS Office combined with general proficiency in IT systems.
- Good analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Strong technical knowledge of IFRS with the ability to interpret the implications of standards for practical situations.
- Attention to detail and accuracy essential with a natural focus on quality and continuous improvement.
- Excellent accounting & auditing skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organisational skills with a proven ability to manage work load.
- International Opportunities within 12 to 18 months.