The successful candidate will be required to initiate and implement a range of sales and marketing led activities, utilising their consultancy skills and contact base, to identify opportunities and facilitate introductions for Irish client companies to achieve sales in the region.
The role will involve working closely with a range of Irish companies including: companies classified as Accelerate, Scale and High Potential Start-Ups to develop business opportunities and establish foothold presences in the BeNeLux markets. The Netherlands, being a key market within Enterprise Ireland’s Eurozone strategy post-BREXIT, the candidate will be highly involved in implementing Eurozone business development programmes in support of a selected group of clients.
The person appointed will need commercial experience and an understanding of the BeNeLux Software Solutions and International Services market. They will work with the Amsterdam based BeNeLux market team and the wider Enterprise Ireland UK-Northern Europe and Ireland based teams.
The successful candidate is required to be extremely results focused and motivated to achieve ambitious targets. Candidates should have a strong understanding of sales and marketing practices that will benefit Irish companies exporting to the BeNeLux markets.
▪ Build export sales by assisting Irish companies win new customers, deals and strategic partnerships in the market;
▪ Review portfolio of current exporters to identify clients capable of gaining further market share, including clients not yet engaged meaningfully with;
▪ As part of above review, identify whether there are sub-sector or end-market clusters which could benefit from a group approach e.g. E-commerce Solutions or FinTech Solutions;
▪ Drive export growth by assisting clients with a foothold in the market to expand and penetrate the market;
▪ Develop and implement sales and market plans with key clients;
▪ Assist established clients with proven capability enter this market for the first time to extend their export footprint;
▪ Drive international export growth by identifying international decision makers based in BeNeLux and facilitating introductions to Irish companies;
▪ Liaise with the management of companies relevant to these markets under the new Client Engagement model and position the opportunities of buyers in the BeNeLux markets to them;
▪ Initiate and manage projects/events in market and in Ireland to facilitate introductions between Irish companies and potential partners from BeNeLux;
▪ Along with driving business within the target markets, act as an innovator and leader identifying new areas of opportunity for Irish companies and, where relevant, coordinate regional projects;
▪ Establish a network of contacts at senior level in key buyer companies, distribution partners and other influencers (e.g. trade associations) and connect Enterprise Ireland client companies to accelerators/mentors/in market support;
▪ Identify new business development opportunities for clients, and advise clients on how they can best position themselves to win these sales and contracts in the region;
▪ Work collaboratively with colleagues within the UK–Northern Europe team, Enterprise Ireland’s global overseas network and those working for Enterprise Ireland in Ireland, in addition to colleagues from other Government agencies and departments such as the Industrial Development Authority (IDA) and the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT);
▪ Work with Irish based colleagues to engage with clients in collaborative diagnosis of capability across a range of business areas using Enterprise Ireland’s Client Engagement Model, in order to assist companies, build robust scalable business plans suitable for market conditions in the region.
▪ Strong marketing ability with good knowledge of business methods and sales processes;
▪ Recent commercial/business development experience in BeNeLux or similar markets;
▪ Direct experience in the relevant sectors with particular focus on Business Process Improvement and software solutions for the Financial Services sector, FinTech, E-commerce solutions and Internet of Things.
▪ Languages; fluency in English is essential, knowledge of Dutch is an asset and knowledge of French would be beneficial;
▪ Knowledge of the key players in targeted sectors and up-to-date knowledge and understanding of the sectors’ strengths and challenges;
▪ Extensive sales and marketing experience;
▪ Existing business network in BeNeLux that could be leveraged by Irish companies seeking to export to this market, and ability to develop network as required;
▪ Strong business acumen and the ability to communicate with executives from a variety of business disciplines (procurement, supply chain management, market and sales) and at various decision-making and management levels within a corporation;
▪ Strong consulting skills and the ability to assess and challenge business plans for SMEs to help them grow their business in these markets;
▪ Ability to work on own initiative and also to initiate and manage projects/events;
▪ Results orientation and “can-do” attitude;
▪ Ability to influence and build credibility with clients and target companies;
▪ Experience in development and management of social media content;
▪ Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills;
At least 2 years relevant working experience and fleuncy in Dutch and English are essential
A third level qualification in a business or related discipline would be an advantage.
The selection process for this position may include short-listing of candidates. The selection criteria will be based on the requirements of the position. It is therefore important that candidates provide a detailed and accurate account of where they believe their skills and experience meet the requirements for the position.
Enterprise Ireland is an equal opportunities employer