- Managing client relationships involving interaction with both the client and the relevant Fund Accounting Director to ensure consistency of service.
- Participate in development and presentation of fund accounting training.
- Ensure the assigned fund accounting team operates within the clearly defined and documented control environment.
- Handle complex calls from clients.
- Manage and develop client teams of up to 10 employees.
- Manage fund accounting recruitment, training and performance evaluations
- Ensure all aged items on cash and position reconciliations are resolved timely.
- Review daily and monthly NAV calculations.
- Resolve exceptional problems and take on special projects or tasks as assigned.
- Resolve fund accounting enquiries escalated by Supervisor or Administrator.
- Manage and complete client initialization and transition
- Develop and improve NAV calculation workflows and procedures.
- Review fee calculations and profit and loss allocations.
- Review applicable monthly, yearly and inception to date performance.
- Manage the audit process ensuring timely and successful completion of fund audits including preparation of fund financial statements.
- Investigate accounting implications of new products.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with the Investor Services, Quality Assurance,Client Servicing and Compliance departments.
Skills and Experience
- Accounting, Finance, Legal or Business Degree. Min. 2.2 honors degree
- Intention to actively pursue a professional accounting qualification (ACCA, CIMA, CPA, ACA), if not already started, part qualified or qualified, would be an advantage but is not required.
- Ability to positively influence team morale
- Approachable and committed
- IT Literate
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong systems, product and process knowledge
- Ability to be flexible and work effectively both within a team structure or independently.
- Strong inter-personal skills
- Good initiative tempered with identifying when escalation is required.
- Demonstrate leadership skills
- Take ownership of designated tasks
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Act as a role model
- Reliable and Dependable
Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a Hedge Fund Administration Firm with at least 3 of those at
supervisor level is desired. Alternative Hedge Fund experience may be considered.